Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy
creativity and worthwhile accomplishments . . . in this we make a difference!

Sunday 15 June 2014

Making a Point!

'Making A Point' is an Hostess set from the Spring/Summer Occasional Catalogue.  It is available only until June 30.  The only way to get it is if you hold a party and have sales of £150 or more!
I love this set and bought it because I have 2 teenage girls and  the elements of the set reached out to me at the time.  To be honest I hadn't really played with it until yesterday, as it was sitting with the rest of the retiring stamp sets.  I wished I had played with it earlier, as I loved seeing what I could do with it.
Making a Point
These little gift cards are Thank You cards for my customers when they buy Tropic Skincare products from me.  I have coloured the lipstick holder using the blender pen and the Silver Encore ink.  As the Encore ink is a pigment ink I had to heat set it.
I love this set and bought it because I have 2 teenage girls and  the elements of the set reached out to me at the time.  To be honest I hadn't really played with it until yesterday, as it was sitting with the rest of the retiring stamp sets.  I wished I had played with it earlier, as I loved seeing what I could do with it.

I cheated here, as I used a new stamp set, available to buy July 1 called Work of Art.  I have used one of the Retiring In-Colours Primrose Petals.
This card has the nail polish bottles cut out and Crystal effects applied to the colour to give it a dimension and gloss.  I used Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple.   The next photo shows how I applied the Gold Encore to the nail polish bottle.  Post-It notes are always at hand in my craft room!
Staying on the girlie theme.  I used the Fancy Fan embossing folder, coloured the shoe in Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple.  The sentiment is from another retiring set Bring on the Cake.
 A bit of music in this card.  The sheet music is a scrap from Modern Medley,  and hearts punched from red Glimmer Paper.
 I loved doing this one.  Keeping to the theme of using the old In-Colours, this time Summer Starfruit.  The background is embossed using the Alphabet Press.  I enjoyed colouring in the pencils with normal colouring pencils.

Loved colouring those pencils so much, I did another, this time using a retired Script embossing folder from the old Autumn/Winter catalogue.

I hope you like my endeavours, if so, please leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment