Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy
creativity and worthwhile accomplishments . . . in this we make a difference!

Tuesday 8 May 2012

We had a Summer MIni Swap recently, organised by Pat Couder.
This was my creation, using The Open Sea stamp set. I also used the words from Clearly for You and the dotty stamp from French Foliage..This doesn't show up much as it is stamped onto the aged vellum to give it a more aged look.
Actually the photo doesn't do it justice, as I have a layer of vellum over the card, coming to about an inch from the bottom.

The  ink colours used are Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, and  Basic Black.
Cardstock is Naturals Ivory, this has a lovely colour and is a little bit thicker than general card. I also used vellum which I coloured with Crumb Cake.

I have used Linen Thread, Black Brad, Smal Oval Punch, Circle punches and  Black and Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder.
For the 'Scrimshaw' I used Foam Core and an oval die, both non Stampin Up products. I was excited about how the foam core could go through the Big Shott.

I had the idea recently when on holiday in Jersey during Easter and lots of these Easter Eggs were hanging from a tree in a shop.
I went home and had a practise, and this was the result. Using the Everybunny stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment